Special Exams (DOT, Pre-employment, Fit-for-duty, Sports physical, School physical, Immigration and INS examinations)
Farragut Medical and Travel Care offers special exams including Fitness for Duty Exams, DOT Physicals, and Pre-employment or Pre-deployment exams, Sports physicals and School physicals and Immigration and INS examinations.
Employment Examinations can be a helpful and sometimes required part of the employment process. At Farragut Medical and Travel Care, our staff is experienced in providing exams that meet the needs of the company.
Types of Exams Available:
Medical examination of any type which is administered after the contingent offer of employment has been made. These exams may include specialized testing for urine drug screens, PPD placement or TB skin testing and eye exams.
DOT/Department of Transportation
DOT Physicals include:
• commercial driver’s license
• medical examiner’s certificate
• truck driver exams
Fit for Duty/Return to Work
Following prolonged injury or illness, either on the job or off the job or return from furlough, the employer should consider a Fit for Duty examination. This answers the question: “Can this person safely perform the essential functions of the job?”
A second application of this function is to evaluate the clarity and appropriateness of a personal physician’s restrictions
Fitness for Duty Exams include:
- return to work
- functional ability
Every participant in a school sports team is required to complete a pre-participation physical examination, also called sports physicals.
The goals of a preparticipation sports evaluation can be summarized as follows:
- Determine that the athlete is in general good health.
- Assess the athlete’s present fitness level.
- Detect conditions that predispose the athlete to new injuries.
- Evaluate any existing injuries of the athlete.
- Assess the size and developmental maturation of the athlete.
- Detect congenital anomalies that increase the athlete’s risk of injury.
- Detect poor preparticipation conditioning that may put the athlete at increased risk. By performing a complete medical history and examination, our doctors can evaluate an athlete’s general health, current fitness level, risk of injury, and physical well-being.
School and camp physicals
Farragut Medical and Travel Care can provide camp and school physicals. The specific requirements vary by municipality, school, or camp and bringing the applicable forms and prior health and vaccine records are often necessary to expedite the completion of the exam paperwork.
These examinations provide an opportunity to review the individual’s complete health history and ensure that he or she is up-to-date with current immunization recommendations for their age.