As one of the first travel medical clinics in downtown Washington, DC, Farragut Medical and Travel Care goes beyond immunizations, providing specific medical advice and product recommendations tailored to your specific travel itinerary and intended activities. Our physicians offer individualized pre- and post-travel medicine consultations to children and adults alike. In these consultations we provide the following services:
- Travel vaccines
- Immune globulin (if necessary)
- Prescriptions for recommended medications (e.g. Malaria prophylaxis, treatment for traveler’s diarrhea)
- Health education tailored to the patient’s medical history, destination, and intended activities
- Security and medical safety advice concerning your destination
- Advice concerning emergency medical kits, epi-pens, traveling supplies of needles and syringes, insect repellents, sunblock, etc.
- Record-keeping of vaccinations and recommendations on booster shot schedules